HIFU provides the impressive results of plastic surgery – without having to have major surgery!
High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) is a cosmetic treatment for skin tightening that is becoming considered a wonderful, non-invasive and painless replacement for facelifts! It uses ultrasound energy to encourage the production of collagen, which results in firmer skin.
HIFU’s skin tightening, skin lifting, and body contouring powers are amazing. It works by targeting deep layers in the skin, boosting new collagen production and collagen regeneration right where it is needed. It is sometime called the “Lunchtime Facelift” as the treatment is quick, very tolerable, and has no downtime.
How does HIFU work?
HIFU works by bypassing the surface of the skin and penetrating the foundation layers with ultrasound energy, targeting the tissue in the deep dermis and SMAS (Superficial Muscular Aponeurotic System) layers and creating controlled micro-injuries to the targeted tissue in order to stimulate the body’s natural healing response. These microinjuries cause the body to produce fibroblast, which in return stimulates more collagen production. As these collagen fibers organize and shorten, the tightening effect is seen along with plumping up the skin and reversing signs of aging such as wrinkles and skin laxity. Over the next 90-180 days after the treatment, the wound-healing response stimulates long-term tissue support and leads to further lifting and tightening, with results that can last years.
What are the advantages to HIFU?
HIFU is a non-surgical, non-invasive, multi-depth skin treatment capable of penetrating depths only previously possible with cosmetic surgery. High Intensity Focused Ultrasound offers patients many benefits over other procedures. There is minimal discomfort experienced during the HIFU treatment, and most clients can carry on with their normal daily activities immediately following their procedure.
The benefits of HIFU are numerous and powerful!
- Proven safe and effective, backed by over 10 years of clinical research
- Non-invasive – instant and progressive results-full effects seen up to 3 months post treatment
- Safely treats all skin types and ethnicities
- Improves elasticity and stimulates collagen production
- Facial tightening and rejuvenation
- Ideal for volume loss, tightening saggy skin and wrinkle reduction
- Reduces enlarged pores
- Relatively painless, no need for anesthesia or sedation
- Cost effective alternative to a traditional surgical facelift
- No incisions or risk of infection
- No downtime! No need to take time off wok
- Get instant and progressively improving results
- No extreme reddening of the skin
- Results can be seen after just one treatment and results can last for 2 years plus
How long does it take to see results?
HIFU results are both instant and progressive. Most clients will see approximately 15 – 20% noticeable difference instantly, with progressive improvements occurring over the following 9 – 12 months. The most noticeable results are usually seen between 8 – 12 weeks after the procedure, depending on the individual.
What does HIFU improve?
- Skin Laxity & Sagging
- Blood Circulation
- Elastin & Collagen Production
- Muscle Regeneration for Improved Firmness
- Stimulates Skin Cell Production
- Rejuvenates Skin
- Improves, Firms & Tightens Muscles
- Eyelid Hooding
- Nasolabial Folds
- Improves & Tightens Sagging Skin
- Cheek, Jowl & Neck Tightening
- Double Chin
- Undereye Bags
- Fat Deposits
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Acne Scars
HIFU will also help to improve the overall tone and firmness of your facial skin and features, including your eyes, cheeks, mouth, chin. It is a viable alternative to Botox, with the benefit of being able to maintain facial expressions. Excellent for post-surgical facelift to maintain the lift and treat blood stasis, scarring, and numbness associated with surgical facelifts.[link to HIFU Pricing on Pricing page]
- Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Cancer or Malignant Tumors
- Cerebral Hemorrhage
- Heart-Pacemaker, Irregular heartbeat, Heart Condition
- Hemorrhagic Disorder
- Brain-Cephaledema, Intra cranial HTN
- Suppurative Inflammation
- Grade 4 acne-pustules and infected areas (will spread bacteria)
- Skin Disease (could hinder healing process)
- Open Wounds or Lesions
- Metal Stents/Implants in area (dental implants are ok)
Use with Caution:
- Diabetes (requires doctors note)
- Post-Partum (6 – 8 weeks),
- Cancer (6-months remission, stimulates cell growth)
- Accutane/Roaccutane (6 months, causes thinning of skin)
- Ulcerated Skin
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Severe Eczema
- Psoriasis(could cross infect)