JoAnne is the founder and owner of Tint, and loves giving her clients the opportunity to look and feel more confident when they leave her studio. She is passionate about her work in cosmetology and her expertise in the field of permanent cosmetics and non-invasive skin treatments.
She became a Cosmetologist out of high school and owned her own salon in the Berkshires in Western Massachusetts where she specialized in hair, makeup, and skin care. She then decided to pursue a medical career and received her undergraduate degree in Medical Technology and her Masters in Science and Pathology. Throughout her clinical training, she was fortunate to have studied alongside some of the most recognized physicians in the medical field, while gaining her experience at advanced medical hospitals such as Yale New Haven Hospital, Columbia University Hospital, Baystate Medical, and Hartford Hospital. She graduated in 2000 from Quinnipiac University Connecticut with a Masters in Science & Pathology and is an ASCP Certified PA.
After completing her education, JoAnne moved to Maine in 2000 where she worked for Spectrum Medical Group at Maine Medical Center. She decided she wanted to combine both careers, in cosmetology and medicine, and attended the Beau Institute in New Jersey where she became a Permanent Cosmetics and Micropigmentation Specialist.
JoAnne is diligent to keep up with the latest techniques and styles, and continuously furthers her education and training in order to offer her clients a professional experience and beautiful results. She is Board Certified by the American Academy of Micropigmentation. She is specialized in several areas of permanent makeup including brows, lips, eyes, and areolar pigmentation and offers additional services such as Plasmalift Skin Tightening, Microneedling and Xtreme Lash extensions. She also has advanced training in para-medical tattooing as well as in Digital hairstroking, microblading, microfusion of the brows and Ombre technique.
JoAnne lives in Falmouth with her husband, their twin children, and their Labrador Retriever. She enjoys the outdoors and spending time with family and friends, going to the lake, skiing, walking on the beach and working out. JoAnne also believes in the importance of giving back to our Maine communities and is President and Founder of Witches Wear Pink, a Nonprofit Organization that raises money for Breast Cancer in Maine supporting early detection, post surgical care, treatment availability, better prognosis, better quality of life, and cancer research.
JoAnne prides herself on maintaining the highest standards for herself with regard to her education and training. Her impressive background in both cosmetology and the medical field include the following qualifications:
Training and Certifications
- American Academy of Micropigmentation Board Certified, AAM
- Board Certified PA(ASCP)
- Board Certified MT (ASCP)
- Masters Degree in Health Science
- Advanced Certified in Microblading
- Advanced Certified in Microneedling
- Advanced Certified in Areolar Pigmentation
- Advanced Certified in Scar Camouflaging
- Advanced Certified Xtreme Lash extension specialist
- Advanced Certified Plasmalift Skin Tightening
- Advanced Certified Wedge & Winged Eyeliner
- Advanced Certified in Ombre’ Brows
- Advanced Certified in Permanent Cosmetics
- Advanced Certified in Microfusion
- Licensed Cosmetologist
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
- Blood Borne Pathogen Certified
- Licensed by the Maine State of Health
- Member of the American Academy of Micropigmentation (AAM)
- Member of the Society of Permanent Cosmetics (SPCP)
- Member of the American Association of Pathologist Assistants (AAPA)