- JoAnne is highly educated and talented with an impressive background in both cosmetology and the medical field. She became a Cosmetologist out of high school and owned her own salon in the Berkshires in Western Mass where she specialized in hair, makeup, and skin care. She then decided to pursue a medical career and received her undergraduate degree in Medical Technology and her Masters in Science and Pathology. Throughout her clinical training, she was fortunate to have studied alongside some of the most recognized Physicians in the medical field while gaining her experience at advanced medical hospitals such as Yale New Haven Hospital, Columbia University Hospital, Baystate Medical, and Hartford Hospital. She graduated in 2000 from Quinnipiac University Connecticut and is an ASCP Certified PA. JoAnne then moved to Maine where she worked for Spectrum Medical Group at Maine Medical Center since June of 2000. She has since combined both careers and attended the Beau Institute in New Jersey where she became a Permanent Cosmetics and Micropigmentation Specialist and is Certified by the American Academy of Micropigmentation. She is specialized in several areas of permanent makeup including brows, lips, eyes, and Areolar Pigmentation and offers additional services such as Scar Camouflaging , Microneedling and Xtreme Lash extensions. She also has advanced training in Para-Medical Tattooing as well as in Digital Hairstroking, Microblading, and Microfusion of the brows. She is conscious of the latest techniques and styles and continuously furthering her education and training in order to offer her clients a professional experience and beautiful results.
JoAnne is owner of Tint Permanent Cosmetics and is highly skilled in her field and loves giving her clients the opportunity to look and feel more confident when they leave her studio. JoAnne lives in Falmouth with her husband and 12-year-old twins and their Labrador Retriever. She enjoys the outdoors and spending time with family and friends, going to the lake, skiing, walking on the beach and working out. JoAnne also believes in the importance of giving back to our Maine communities and is President and Founder of Witches Wear Pink, a Nonprofit Organization that raises money for Breast Cancer and supports early detection, better prognosis, better quality of life, and cancer research.
Training and Certifications
- American Academy of Micropigmentation Certified, AAM
- Advanced Certified in Microblading
- Advanced Certified in Microneedling
- Advanced Certified in Areolar Pigmentation
- Advanced Certified in Scar Camouflaging
- Advanced Certified Xtreme Lash extension specialist
- Licensed Cosmetologist
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
- Blood Borne Pathogen Certified
- Member of the American Academy of Micropigmentation (AAM)
- Member of the Society of Permanent Cosmetics (SPCP)
- Member of the American Association of Pathologist Assistants (AAPA)